Industrial Design Application Fees
Fees associated with filing industrial design applications in Croatia as well as other design fees are available in the fee calculator.
The term for filing Croatian industrial design applications
The deadline for filing industrial design applications in Croatia claiming conventional priority is six months from the priority date. This term may be restored in Croatia within one year after the due date.
Filing application documents in Croatia
Application for industrial design in Croatia must contain:
– the express request for the registration of the industrial design;
– the identification of the applicant (name and surname/corporate name, address);
– representation of the design (maximum six representations);
– an indication of the product in which a design is intended to be incorporated or to which a design is intended to be applied;
– information identifying the authorized representative and a valid Power of Attorney (it can be filed subsequently, within two months from receipt of the invitation from CSIPO).
Multiple industrial design applications
Multiple design applications are possible in Croatia.
Validity term for design application
The industrial design in Croatia is valid for 25 years in total, namely for five years renewable for no more than four times.
Analysis of an industrial design application in Croatia
The substantive examination of industrial designs in Croatia is not stipulated.
Power of Attorney requirements for design application in Croatia
The official legalization of the POA form is not required for design registration in Croatia. The POA must be filed within 60 days upon receipt of the official invitation from the Croatian IP Office.
Priority document for application
The certified copy of the priority document must be translated into Croatian and submitted within three months from filing the Croatian design application.
Grace period for design application
In respect of the novelty requirement for industrial design registration in Croatia, there is an exception provided where the disclosure of design must not be taken into consideration if a design for which protection is claimed has been made available to the public:
– by the designer, his successor in title, or a third person as a result of information provided or action taken by the designer or his successor in title;
– during the 12 months preceding the date of filing of the industrial design application or, if priority is claimed, the date of granted priority.
Grant and patent maintenance for Croatian industrial design application
If the design application is in conformity with the formal and absolute grounds requirements, the applicant will be invited to pay the maintenance fee for the first five years.
Representation by a Croatian trademark attorney
Foreigners must perform the industrial design prosecution in Croatia through an agent, a registered Croatian patent attorney.
What can be registered as a Croatian industrial design
The appearance of the whole or a part of a product resulting from its features is suitable for obtaining an industrial design registration in Croatia, in particular, the lines, contours, colors, shape, texture and/or materials of the product itself and/or its ornamentation.
1. Online Search databases: Croatian Designs, Community Designs (EUIPO), International Designs.
2. Design protection in Croatia may also be obtained via registration of a Community Design.
If you have any queries related to the design patent registration in Croatia, please contact IIPLA team. We will be more than happy to resolve your queries free of cost.
You must log in to post a comment.Thanks for submitting your comment!