About the Course:
India offers vast market potential for licensors and represents one of the world’s most fertile sources of innovation. However, negotiating IP licensing agreements in India requires a keen knowledge of Indian laws and licensing practices. This is especially true since foreign law firms are prohibited from establishing offices in India.
The following are among the issues discussed:
- Discerning which technologies are prohibited, restricted or permitted to be licensed into India
- Patent recordation requirements and costs
- How to assess the extent of withholding taxes on royalty payments
- Commercialization requirements and schedule of fines for non-compliance
- Circumstances that can lead to a revocation of patents
- India’s compliance with TRIPS
- How regulations revolving around IP licenses vary in different regions of India
- Dispute resolution in India
- Ability to protect trade secrets in India
- The level of ease / difficulty of conducting royalty audits in India
Course Length: Approx. 1.0 hours
There are no reviews yet.